The Sheffield Private SchoolDubai
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2020
Closing date: 1 Oct 2020
Start date: October 2020
We are looking to appoint Learning Support Teachers to join our existing team. Our school has a reputation of providing the National Curriculum to a high standard and we welcome inspirational teachers and leaders who are able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a certified teaching qualification
- Have proven experience of working as LST in a school in UAE.
- Demonstrate creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
Our Expectations are:
- To offer high quality and appropriate teaching support to all children receiving Learning Support.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students and to facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To effectively manage Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for all children receiving additional support for their learning and Individual Behaviour Plans (IBPs) where necessary.
- To ensure IEPs and IBPs are reviewed termly and realistic but challenging targets are set on order to enable further progress to be made.
- To work closely with class teachers.
- To work in partnership with the Year Leaders and Head of Inclusion to ensure children meeting the criteria for various levels of support are assessed promptly and action taken as necessary.
- To assist the head of inclusion with assessment of new children who may be in need of additional support.
- To assist the head of Inclusion in ensuring all children can fully access the curriculum.
Our Benefits Package Includes:
Competitive tax free salary and end of Service Gratuity